Breeding in the 21st century
- The greatest number of breeding farms can be
found in the western part of France, and our rabbits keep being
bred in a traditional way.
- They are kept, right from the age of 2 months
old, in individual hutches.
- Their hutch is littered with straw to ensure
warmth and comfort.
- Their food is made of a mixture of barley,
oats and lucerne hay. They have clean water at their disposal.
They can drink up to one litre a day.
- The hair of our rabbits is meticulously hand
plucked every 14-15 weeks when the natural moulting time has come.
Each plucking gives about 12 balls of wool.
- Our rabbits can live from 6 to 8 years and
have the rare privilege of being able to die of old age.